Martin Garrix: 10 things you need to know about the EDM superstar
By Bryan Durham - November 12, 2018
Ahead of his return to India this December
1. His real name is Martijn Gerard Garritsen. But he plays under three aliases. The best known is Martin Garrix, the second one is YTRAM and lastly, there’s AREA21.
2. Martin is the #1 DJ in the world (on DJMag’s Top 100) for the third year in a row. Only Armin van Buuren and Tiësto have accomplished the feat..
3. At 22, he is three years younger than Tiësto was, when he first won the poll.
4. If you were surprised seeing him play the guitar on a TV show to promote his latest single Dreamer (with soul singer Mike Yung), don’t be. He has been playing the guitar since age 8.
5. Originally signed to Spinnin’ Records, Garrix signed to Sony Music and also has his own label, STMPD RCRDS.
6. Animals, released in 2013, was the track that first gave him worldwide fame.
7. We know he loves pizza, when we asked him last year what his fav pizza topping was, he told us, “Cheese, truffle and mushrooms. It’s a golden combination.”
8. He counts Tiësto and David Guetta as DJs he looks up to.
9. The Martin Garrix पOWEर ARENA India Tour (December 1-2) is a joint partnership between Radio Mirchi and BOSS India LLP.
10. Martin has visited India several times in the recent past, but this is the first time in the last four years that he has visited Delhi for his tour.